1. What is the role of church ushers?
The church usher role is one of many different roles in the system of church hospitality. They help create a great hospitality experience that your first time church visitor or long term member will have on a given day.
2. Areas of responsibility for the role of church ushers
Generally, the ministry of church ushers focuses on the following areas of responsibilities
- Assist in the seating members and visitors
- Provide care for the needs of the Pauline Fathers during the service.
- Attend to the needs of the visiting speaker or guests of honor.
- Maintain the decorum of the service, according to the church’s tradition.
- Watch for the safety of the congregation and acting as the line of first response to medical emergencies.
- Collect offering.
- Attend to altar ministry or response ministry as people respond to the sermon’s invitation.
For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickednessPsalms 84:10