The Lord has given me a well-trained tongue that I may speak to the weary a word that will rouse themIsaiah 50:4
What is a Lector?
A lector is a person selected by the pastor or chaplain to read for the celebration of the Holy Mass. A lector typically proclaims the first and second reading, as well as prayer of the faithful during the liturgy.
Who can be a Lector?
- Men and women who are fully initiated in the Catholic Church
- A person who is without sacramental impediment and lives a Christian life in accord with the Word of God
- Possess human maturity to serve in the Christian community
- Has basic knowledge of the Bible, Lectionary for Mass and the Liturgy of the Word
- Has the necessary oral proclamation skills
Shrine Lector Group
Our Shrine has a wonderful group of lectors. They serve God, Blessed Mother and our community with great zeal and dedication. Our Lector Group hosts frequent formation meetings and workshops where everyone can pray together and improve their knowledge of the Bible and Liturgy as well as work on their oral proclamation skills. We also organize trips and social events together.
If God is calling you to be a Lector at the Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa, do not hesitate! Join us and become a lector!
Richard Lombardi – Leader
Fr. Timothy Tarnacki OSPPE – Leader/Chaplain
This page is also available in: polski (Polish)