Due to the potential spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and following the guidelines from the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, government and health officials, we have decided to immediately implement the following changes at our Shrine, until further notice.
All Sunday and Weekday Masses will be canceled (after 8:00 am Mass on Wednesday, March 18th). So as decided by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, there can be no public Masses at our Shrine.
Also in order to avoid large gatherings of people, there will be no confessions on Sunday.
On weekdays we will have Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament, from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Lower Church (Chapel of Our Lady of Czestochowa) will remain open as usual for prayer and Adoration of the Most Blessed Sacrament on weekdays and on Sundays.
Shrine facilities which will be closed (effective immediately, until further notice):
– Main Church
– St. Anne’s Chapel
– Wyszynski Hall
– Cemetery Chapel
– Polish Deli
– Gift Shop
– Shrine Offices (available only by phone)
We have also decided to cancel (until further notice):
– All of our ministries (e.g. Youth Group, Choir, Homeschooling co-op, Polish School, etc.)
– Pilgrim Group Tours
– Funeral Masses
– Lenten Retreat (in Polish)
All of this, however, might be subjected to change, if decided by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia or government and health officials.
Please remember whenever making a visit to our Shrine:
– Those who are sick should stay home, and not come to church for Mass. It represents an act of charity for the entire community, especially for those who are vulnerable among us. Archbishop Perez has granted a dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass.
– Good hygiene should be practiced by all in attendance, congregants, and ministers alike.
This page is also available in: polski (Polish)