Important Information Regarding Returning to Mass During COVID-19
Important information from the Pauline Fathers & Brothers
from the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa in Doylestown, PA
regarding returning to Mass during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
WELCOME BACK HOME!
Great news! We are happy to have you back at our Shrine and that we can finally pray together!
Archbishop Pérez has announced that parishes and churches of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia will be able to resume public Masses the weekend of June 6th and 7th. The Pauline Fathers and Brothers, as well as the dedicated staff at the National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa look forward to welcoming you back on Saturday morning on June 6th. Let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus as we make our way back to the in person celebration of the Mass and let us ask for the continual intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary that she may protect all of us during this challenging time.
While our county remains in the Yellow Phase of statewide reopening, all of us need to do our part to make sure that our return to Mass is a peaceful and safe experience for all. Please take the time to read the instructions below. We ask everyone to follow these guidelines when attending Mass during this period:
- The obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation continues to be lifted during the Yellow Phase. You are not required to attend Mass at this time.
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Please stay home if you are at higher risk of severe illness with COVID19. If you are uncertain about your risk status, please consult your doctor and also the CDC Guidelines at the link below.
- Click here to read the CDC Guidelines for those at higher risk: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html
- Mass will continue to be available via live-stream on Sundays at 9:30 am in Polish and 11:00 am in English. You access our live streams on our Facebook profile, YouTube channel and our website: https://czestochowa.us/live/
- Sunday and Weekday Mass schedule at our Shrine will remain the same, without any changes. Please see our Mass & Confession schedule: https://czestochowa.us/visit-us/mass-confession/
- All of our Sunday Masses will take place in the Main Church (UPPER LEVEL)
- All of our Weekday Masses, Adorations and Confessions (including Saturday Vigil Mass and Confessions) will take place in the Chapel of Our Lady of Czestochowa (LOWER LEVEL)
BEFORE COMING TO MASS
- Please wash your hands for 20 seconds using soap and water.
- Before entering the Church, please put on a face mask or cloth covering. Exceptions to this are “children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, and anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance” (CDC Guidelines).
- Please do not come to Mass if you are sick or are at higher risk for severe illness with COVID19 (see above).
- Missalettes will not be in the pews during this period. You are welcome to bring your own missal/readings with you. We will be displaying the text of the hymns on the projector screen.
- When taking your seat, please honor all posted signs about where you may sit. Every other pew will be open to ensure proper social distancing.
- Members of the same household may sit together as normal. Please place 6 feet between your household and members of a different household.
- A collection will be taken up during the Offertory, as usual, using long-handled baskets.
- There will be no Sign of Peace during Mass during the Yellow Phase.
- There should be no holding of hands during the Our Father.
RECEPTION OF HOLY COMMUNION
- During the Yellow Phase, the faithful are asked to receive Holy Communion in the hand.
- Those who would like to receive Holy Communion on the tongue may do so by approaching the tabernacle in the Main Church.
- Please maintain social distancing in the Communion line. Please keep several pews between yourself and the person in front of you while in line and when returning to your pew.
- Please remove your mask before receiving Holy Communion.
EXITING THE CHURCH
- At the conclusion of Mass, please exit the Church and proceed directly to your car. Please do not congregate for any reason.
- Please leave your mask on until you exit the Church.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
The National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa will follow the guidelines from the CDC for sanitation as we resume public Masses.
- To view the CDC guidelines, visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/faith-based.html
“The LORD bless you and keep you! The LORD let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you! The Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace!” /Numbers 6:24-26/
The American Czestochowa is maintained because of the support of the many pilgrims, who visit the place. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many pilgrims cannot visit our Shrine at this time, but your support is felt and it makes a difference.
As a community of Pauline Fathers and Brothers, who serve in the American Czestochowa, we want to express our heartfelt gratitude for all the donations you have given to our Shrine in recent weeks
and we bless you in the name of the + Father and of the + Son and of the + Holy Spirit. Amen!
Back to Mass Testimonies (English, Closed Captioned)
The Churches of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia are Open
Returning to Mass – Instructions for the Faithful (English)
Art Exhibit & Museum of St. John Paul II
April 26, 2022
Holy Week Schedules for the Liturgy, Gift Shop and Deli
April 11, 2022
New Stained Glass Window – St. Joseph
December 06, 2021